I Have Noticed Assymetry One Year After Breast Reduction. Can This Be Corrected? Is Further Surgery Necessary?

I have breast reduction surgery one year ago, and went from a DD cup to a C cup. I am very happy with the results, however I have noticed that one of my breasts has more volume and hangs lower than the other. It is not a huge difference, but is noticeable. I also have a saddlebag like pouch of fat on the side of the breast that has more volume. My other breast did not heal with this side pouch. Can this pouch be removed and can I have lipo to even up volume? Is assymetry a common outcome?

I Have Noticed Asymmetry One Year After Breast Reduction. Can This Be Corrected? Is Further Surgery Necessary?

+1

Asymmetry is the norm, but without pictures or an exam it would be difficult to recommend a revision.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast reductions and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Reduction Assymetry

+1

It is possible in any surgery to have assymetry in the final result. The aim of surgery is of course a symmetrical result, but sometimes the tissue just does not do what the surgeon and the patient expect and an inbalence can result.

The solution is a surgical revision where volume and skin can be adjusted to achieve a better result. One year after surgery it is likely that swelling has resolved and it is time to review the result with your surgeon and see if a revision is likely to improve the final result. The revision may be with liposuction or require a more invasive approach.

I hope that is of some help

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction asymmetry

+1

It sounds like in general you are pretty happy.  Best to be seen in person. More than likely things can be adjusted.