Not Much Noticeable Size Difference with BA Revision?

Hi - I got my breast implants replaced a week ago (12/6) and so far, I'm not super happy with the size. The shape is fantastic. My old implants were 8 years old and saline (380/390) and coming from a 34A, I originally was in a 34D but then dropped to a C cup. :-( My recent BA was with 650ccs, silicone, unders...and I can still fit into the 34D bras. Is this normal? Will they "fill out"? I do have very strong pec muscles...will that make a difference? My goal size was a DD.

270 cc Increase in Size

+1

270 cc increase in any woman should produce a one cup size change at least.  If you were a C cup before, you should expect either a D or small DD afterwards.  650 cc pushes most women's anatomical limits, and I would caution adding additional volume.

+1

One week out is too early to see the outcome. It may be counter-intuitive, but sometimes swelling can make the implants seem smaller by masking some of the contour. The implants may also be a bit high this early and this too may make a size evaluation difficult.

With a 270-280 cc increase in volume, you should expect about a cup size increase, maybe a bit more. Estimates of cup size increase from various surgeons are from  150 to 250 cc per cup.

Patience.

Thanks for your question, all the best. 

When to judge breast augmentation results

+1

Thanks for your question.

In our San Francisco area practice we perform breast augmentation and augmentation revisions frequently.  One week after surgery may be too early to determine results.  As the other surgeons have pointed out you have a significant volume change.  There may be swelling that is masking the actual shape of the breast that may create the illusion of less projection or fullness.

The best advice is to talk to your surgeon and give this more time for healing.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Questions about cup size following implant exchange

+1

I have generally found that when replacing a saline filled implant with a gel implant I need to go about 50 cc larger to maintain the same sized breast.  If you went from a 380 to 650 cc implant this is a 270 cc implant size change and should be enough of a change to give you about a one cup size increase.  So if you were a C prior to surgery I would predict that you would be a D cup size after the procedure.  It is possible that you will be a D in some bras and a DD in others.  This will most definitely vary.   

Implant exchange

+1

You significantly increased your implant size, and should notice a significant change from your former implants.

Implant size revision

+1

Thanks for sharing your experiences. You upsized from 380/390 to 650 which is significant and should be noticeable by most people. You mentioned that the new shape is fantastic which speaks volumes for your surgeon. I always tell my patients don't judge the breast size by bra cup. Every bra manufactures label the cup size differently. Look at you breast and body proportion. If it looks good in the mirror, then it looks good, regardless what's on the bra label. Sometimes, going even bigger may sacrifice shape.

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Concerns after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Given that you are only one week out of revisionary breast surgery, it is much too early to evaluate the end results of surgery. I ask patients to exercise patience and allow for at least 3 to 6 months to pass before making a judgment about the end result.

I would also suggest that you do not base your  satisfaction with the outcome of surgery based on  achieving a specific cup size. As you know, cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another.

Again, continue to exercise patience and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.