How Noticeable Are the Results of a Brazilian Butt Lift Versus Other Butt Lift Implant Surgery?

Will I be able to feel the difference when I touch the implant area? Will it look any different? What if the area gets bruised or injured?

Brazilian Butt Lift or Butt Implants

+1

You will get results from both procedures if they are done correctly. The buttock implant and the Brazilian Butt Lift will both give you projection in your buttock area. The difference between the procedures is the look and feel of the final look.

With the buttock implants you will have projection in the area implanted. With the Brazilian Butt lift you can have your body liposculpted and the buttock area contoured in not just one specific part of the buttocks. You will also have a more natural feel because the implanted areas tend to result in a harder feel, whereas the Brazilian Butt Lift injects your own fat, which results in a softer feel to the buttock.

Both are great procedures, it just depends if you are a candidate of the Brazilian Butt Lift, and what your surgical goals are. I have before and after photos and detailed information about the procedure on my website if you are interested in more information.

Brazilian butt lift versus butt implants

+1

The buttock area is a tridimensional structure that can be modified in two ways: either with fat transfer (Brazilian butt lift) or with butt implants. Either of these techniques can accomplish a significant amount of projection in both the frontal and side views. This does not necessarily means that you will have good results.

Restoring your body proportions is as important as increasing your butt projection. Projection is only one aspect of having a nice lower body contour. When I perform the Brazilian butt lift, I also  blend the central buttock with the lateral buttocks and the thighs. This provides a nice blend of the butt/thigh and recreates an A–shape buttock, which is very attractive. You cannot get this type of results with butt implants because such technique can simply allow an increased projection on the central portion of the buttocks but not the sides.
Many times you can combine both to achieve good results. I prefer fat transfer because it helps create a more natural look and feel.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift vs Butt Implants

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift results are typically much more dramatic than Butt Implants.  This is because the Brazilian Butt Lift includes liposuction of the waistline as well.  The combination of making your waistline smaller and your buttocks larger is usually dramatic.  The procedure of Butt Implants only makes your buttocks larger.  And, as stated below, the Brazilian Butt Lift feels 100% natural because it is all your own fat.  Butt Implants tend to feel hard and un-natural.  If interested, you can read more about these procedures on my website. 

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian buttock lift vs buttock implants

+1

A brazilian buttock lift involves transferring fat into the buttock area, which ultimately feels very natural and supple. There will be some temporary bruising and swelling for a few weeks after surgery. Buttock implants, which are made of silicone, can feel firmer to the touch compared to your body's own fat. They may look slightly different also because the fat transfer allows for more sculpting of the entire gluteal area, whereas the implant merely gives volume to one particular area.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in person to determine which procedure is best for you.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

How do results from the Brazilian Butt Lift compare to Butt implants?

+1

The preferred technique for buttock augmentation, I believe, is through the ue of fat transplantation. This gives a very natural result and fills the buttocks with the tissue that is really missing, which is fat. The use of fat can be tailored to the patient by  placing it where it is most deficient and most desired. The amount of projection can e much greater with the use of fat, even if more than one procedure becomes necessary. Implants ccome in different sizes but cannot address certain areas of dedficiency that fat can. Also placing the impants under the gluteus muscle, which is the preferred method, tends to flatten the projection even if a large size impant is used. I would suggest that if you have sufficient donor fat thenyou shoud opt for the use of fat transplantation.

George Lefkovits, MD

Buttock augmentation

+1

The difference between buttock implants and Brazilian Butt Lift ( fat transfer) is a major difference.

Brazilian Butt Lift

1: feels natural, implants feel hard

2: fat transfer  and ultimate size depends on how much fat you have to donate. Butt implants come indifferent shapes and sizes

3: Fat transfer can be unequal therefore there will be asymmetry and need further surgry. Butt implant remains the same size

4: Butt implants will require maintainance that is further surgery in the future. Fat transfer may need another surgery may not and fat does not need maintainance once the graft has taken.

These are some of the issues you need to understand and discuss these and other differences between the two procedures and the risks of each procedure.