Not Enough Fat for Brazilian Butt Lift

I'm slim and petite, and I have a small butt. I want a noticabely bigger and rounder butt, but what if I don't have enough body fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift? What are my other options?

Butt Implants is the other option

+3

Butt Implants is the other option. However it does not appeal to many surgeons and patients due to the high problem rate with these implants. Stay away from any artificial filler e.g silicone, hydrogel, etc..

Buttock Implants

+1
First I would recommend that you seek a consultation by a plastic surgeon that commonly performs this procedure so that they can give you your options.

The amount of fat needed depends on the shape and needs of each individual patient, however in general at least 500cc per buttock need to be placed to see a significant difference. On average patients typically receive around 800cc per buttock side for a total of 1600cc of fat transfer. However just like a breast augmentation the amount of fat needed various from patient to patients. Also the sculpting done with the liposuction is a big part of the procedure to improve the overall shape.

Unfortunately fat cannot be taken from someone else and used for augmentation. However if a patient has a BMI of 22 they typically will have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift. If they are smaller than this then they will need to consider doing an augmentation with implants. Buttock implants can give patients a very nice result. Commonly buttock implants are combined with some fat transfer depending on the needs of the individual person.

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

In general of the procedures that I perform this is one where patients tend to be universally extremely happy.

Johnny Franco, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Option

+1
An implant is an option if you don't have enough fat to transfer to your buttocks. However, before making this conclusion, please see a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in performing Brazilian Butt Lifts. They may find that you do in fact have enough fat.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Buttock Augmentation for Skinny patients

+1

Different Types of Butt Augmentation

The only other safe option is to get a buttock implant. This procedure involves creating a vertical incision between the buttock cheeks in order to insert the implant under or over the gluteal muscles and under the connective tissue.

Currently, there are other types of injections such as hydrogel and silicone, but those are

not FDA approved and may be dangerous and unsafe. My personal recommendation is to stay away from any surgeon who offers to use these injections.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

We do not recommend anything but fat grafting. Maybe gain some weight and then you will have enough fat to be harvested.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

Not Enough Fat for the Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Although there are patients out there who are too thin and have too little body fat.  However, there are not many, to be sure.  Even in a 5'4" 125 lb female (optimal weight), I can usually liposuction 5 liters and transfer 1200 cc per buttock.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlift procedures per year before dismissing it.  Buttock implants can be placed if you are the rare individual who is not a candidate for Brazilian buttlift.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA

Not Enough Fat

+1

I would first advise you to seek either a personal or online consultation with a plastic surgeon who is experienced with the procedure. I have seen many patients that other surgeons felt did not have enough fat. Since my liposuction is aggressive, I have been able to obtain enough fat for the procedure. I also sometimes ask the patient to gain some weight and then proceed with the surgery. If I feel that the patient either does not have enough fat or that her expectations will not be met with a fat transfer, the use of silicone buttock implants is a viable option. I have also combined implants with a fat transfer procedure. Please call a board-certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. 

Moises Salama, MD

Slim patients may be limited to Butt Implants for Butt Augmentation

+1

If you are slim and do not have sufficient fat, or do not have sufficient amount of fat to create a butt augmentation big enough to fit your goals, butt implants may be your only options.  Brazilian Butt Lift and fat transfer to the butt are the preferred method of butt augmentation in most Plastic Surgery clinics, however butt implants still play a role in butt augmentation.  

DO NOT get tempted by butt injections of silicone, collage, biogel or any other substance.  These can lead to horrific complications and are never performed by a board certified Plastic Surgeon

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Not enough Fat for Brazilian Butt Lift: Option of Butt Implants

+1

I would seek a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - if you are so slim that you do not have enough fat to transfer, then you would be a candidate for buttock implants, assuming you are healthy and there are no other issues.  Buttock implants have come a long way - 10 years ago, they were overly firm and did not have many sizes to choose from - now, they feel better and are generally made from solid silicone, though fashioned to feel like a butt (versus the ones made for breast augmentation).  They also come in diffrent sizes, so your surgeon can advise you what your best options are based on your wishes and exam.

There are many techniques,and I would recommend the intramuscular approach, but seek the advice of only surgeons who are experienced to do this procedure.  I would absolutely caution you against getting any artificial "fillers" as these would potentially result in irregularities, infections, and potentially long term problems.

Ghada Afifi, MD