Nostrils Are Way Too Visible After Rhinoplasty. Will This Change Enough over Time? (photo)

It is now 3 weeks after my rhinoplasty to remove a dorsal hump. I explicitly told the surgeon that my main problem was the hump and I didn't want my face to change much. I feel like the tip was lifted far too much and the nostrils look retracted which makes the nose look a lot shorter. This hasn't improved at all over the past weeks. I dislike this pig-like nose. How long do I have to wait to fix the nostrils? Would this necessitate a graft? I think I have alar retraction and columellar show.

Nostrils Are Way Too Visible After Rhinoplasty. Will This Change Enough over Time?

+1

Dear Linnea,

Thank you for your post.  You will need to wait at least 6 months for a revision.  The tip can be de-rotated which will decrease your nostril show. A cartilage strut may or may not need to be placed at the base of the nose.  However, continue to watch the nose as it will evolve a bit over the next 6-12 months.

Best Wishes, 

Pablo PRichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Nostril retraction

+1

It is always helpful to see pre-op photos.  At this point it is a bit early and things should settle down over the next several months.