Nostrils So Very Uneven After Septorhinoplasty

I had septo-rhinoplasty carried out for medical reasons around 18 months ago - so has gone quite a long way in the healing process. During the operation the doctor broken and 'straightened' my crooked nose (from front on perspective) during surgery. The biggest issue now is my VERY uneven nostrils. Is there anything I can do - with and without surgery - to even them up?

Repairing Uneven or Assymetric Nostrils with Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery).

+1

Uneven nostrils may be due to a number of factors.  A deviation in the septum may give the appearance of uneven nostrils.  Malposition of the cartilage that supports the tip of your nose may lead to the assymetry.  

Loss of correction after rhinoplasty may have been the cause of your assymetry after surgery.  Perhaps the septum lost correction or things did not heal properly.  

Either way, the key to correcting a nostril assymetry issue is understanding and diagnosing the cause.  

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostrils Uneven After Septorhinoplasty

+1

Yes, it is possible to make your nostrils more symmetric using cartilage grafts. When performed properly by a highly skilled surgeon, using cartilage grafts to make the nostrils more symmetric yields excellent results. Thank you, and best of luck to you.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Uneven Nostrils after Septorhinoplasty

+1

Although I cannot see your nostrils, the only way to improve symmetry is with a surgical revision. With pictures or an examination we could be more specific.

Uneven nostrils after rhinoplasty.

+1

This probably can be improved by your surgeon under local anesthesia. Return to him and if you are not satisfied get a second opinion by an experienced rhinoplasty revision surgeon.

Nostril asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon to have some nostril asymmetry after a rhinoplasty procedure and this may have been present preoperatively and was unmasked during the surgical procedure. It may be possible to make the nostrils more symmetrical after surgery and you should consult with your treating surgeon about that possibility.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Nostrils

+1

Without seeing before and after pictures, it is difficult to give you specific advice.  In many cases, uneven nostrils can be improved with an alar base resection which can be performed in the office under local anesthesia or in the operating room as part of a complete rhinoplasty.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Uneven nostrils

+1

Treating uneven nostrils can be simple or quite difficult depending upon the issue. If one is wider than the other, this usually can be adjusted fairly straightforwardly. If one is higher than the other, this is almost impossible to change without alot of scarring.  An exam is key.

Uneven nostrils

+1

It's not clear without seeing what you look like online so the answers you will get will be generic.  If straightening out your nose makes your nostrils uneven then so be it.  If not, the question will require more details.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

+1

YES! Post a photo! Otherwise try a re operation as an answer to the uneven nostrils. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Best Way to Fix Uneven Nostrils 18 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi London,

It will take a surgical revision to even out your nostrils.  Unfortunately this cannot be done non-surgically.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD