Nostrils Uneven After Hypertrophic Scar Revision, How to Fix Problem?

Hi, I had a hypertrophic scar revised with a Z plasty under my left nostril. Now the scar was essentially not really reduced in size and my left nostril is about 3mm lower than the other. I am still wondering why my doctor did this because the results are far worse. Should I ask the doctor to revise the surgery? The scar is about 5mm by 6mm in an oval shape. If he refuses to revise should I pursue an alternate physician. Thankyou

Nostril scar worse after z plasty

+1

I would consider a revision and talk to your doctor and ask his opinion. I would also get multiple other opinions on this and consider the best options. Sometimes it helps to discuss these other opinions to your other consultant / surgeons. I would like some photos to comment more on specifics though. Below is a video for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not happy with outcome from treatment of a hypertrophic scar under nostril

+1

Without pre and postoperative photos and additional information, it is impossible to give you explicit information on your physical concerns. Exactly where was the original scar? How did you get it? Was it treated in the past?

You would be best served by obtaining a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can explicitly answer your questions including making recommendations.

Good luck!

Steven Turkeltaub, MD