Nostrils Show Too Much After Rhinoplasty: Is my Nose Too Short/high? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago to remove a large hump and lift what I thought was a slightly droopy tip. Now my profile is straight (which I love) but my nostrils show WAY more and the tip seems too high (from the profile view, the "nasolabial angle" looks high to me). I am not pleased with the results of my rhinoplasty, but should I be?? I know it's early, but is this excessive nostril show? And is the nasolabial angle too high? I don't know if I am just being picky or if my concerns are valid.

Rhinoplasty result at 4 weeks

+4

Your results look very natural and your profile looks nice.  It may very well drop a bit with time.  Good luck.

Nostrils showing after rhinoplasty

+2

At four weeks, you results are just starting to show. This is too early to draw any conclusions. So far, it seems like it's going well. Do not spoil the fun and enjoy your early result.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Too Short After Rhinoplasty

+2

At 4 weeks out you are much too early to judge the results. Give it more time to settle down. In many cases like yours, the tip is overcorrected in terms of its position anticipating that it will settle with time. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Too Short After Rhinoplasty?

+2

While I understand your concerns and can see why you have asked this question, it is way too early after your rhinoplasty to judge this as the final result. Even if you ultimately feel the tip is over rotated, no revision would be done until one year after your initial rhinoplasty. This will give you time to adjust to your new nose shape and you may feel differently a year from now.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Apperance of Nostrils after Rhinoplasty

+2

At four weeks post-op from a rhinoplasty it is still too early to assess the final results. The nasal labial angle will reduce over time as swelling goes down.The nostril show will also reduce as the swelling subsides. If it doesn't Wier incisions will help; over all your result is good with an excellent profile.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD