2 Months Post-op - Will my Nostrils Return to Normal?

It is now two months since my rhinoplasty/septoplasty. My nostrils are completely different, one of them still has its natural crease but the other flares out making my nose look like its bent to one side when you look at me front on. I have tried talking to my surgeon about it several times and he keeps shrugging it off saying its still swollen. alot of my other swelling has gone down but the nostrils have not changed since i took the cast off. Is there any thing i can do to speed up recovery?

Rhinoplasty

+1

significant asymmetry 2 months after surgery is certainly not a good sign. I would agree with the advice to let the swelling resolve, but at 2 months, most of the swelling has usually resolved. Most surgeons will want to wait on a revision . I usually like to wait 6 months unless there is something forcing you to operate sooner.

Topeka Plastic Surgeon

After 2 months, nostril asymmetry may improve after rhinoplasty but probably not.

+1

Nostril asymmetry after rhinoplasty (if it didn't exist preoperatively) is usually do to some asymmetry of position of the nasal tip. This creates vectors of force on the nostrils and can cause asymmetry.  Swelling may still be an issue, but at 2 months I would be pessimistic.  If the nose looks good otherwise, you might be best accepting a small amount of nostril asymmetry.

Asymmetry of nostril after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Rhinoplasty patient from Sydney,
According to your description, you might have scar formation on the affected nostril after your rhinoplasty surgery. Talk to your Surgeon, or you can get a second opinion from an expert in rhinoplasty. Good luck and good healing

Kevin Sadati, DO