Nostrils Reduction Failed and Left Me With Asymmetrical Nostrils? (photo)

I had nostrils reduction few days ago,now I have asymmetric nostril.The reason for this result is I told my doctor my right nostril is flar more than the left,and he cut 6mm off of my right nostril and 4mm off of the left.Now my right nostril looks more shroter than the left and it looks like it's missing a part.And another problem is the right nostril still flar out,I think the doctor didn't stich it up to the right position.I know dut to the swelling it's hard to tell the final result.but th

Slight Asymmetry After The Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Based on the photos you have presented, it does not seem that you exhibit a bold asymmetry.

Moreover, the swelling is the main reason that one cannot provide a reasonable assessment or project the final outcome of your surgery. I recommend that you be a little more patient and follow your surgeon's instructions to help keeping a good recovery pace.

Thank you for sharing your photos and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Asymmetric Nostrils after Alar Reduction

+1
Swelling this soon after your alar reduction would not permit any proper diagnosis on asymmetry. Give it some time and see how things settle in weeks to come and then discuss your concerns with your surgeon and hopefully this will put your mind at ease. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Asymmetric nostrils after alar reduction

+1

There is not that much asymmetry based on your pictures. And yes, you are absolutely right, swelling is a factor.  So, give it time to fully heal before you start judging.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

3 weeks is too early to judge nostril reduction a "failure".

+1

I don't pick up much asymmetry in your early post-op pictures.  Give yourself some time and any that you perceive should resolve.  I would not advise a revision for several months if asymmetry persists.

Waiting

+1

It is tough to wait six months for a specific result, but that is precisely what we recommend after rhinoplasty.  Look to the future and learn the concept of slow but sure change, over time.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Surgery

+1

It's really too soon for evaluating a nostril asymmetrical reduction surgery.

Be patient. You must wait at least 4-6 months.

Your plastic surgeon will tell you precisely if anything is going wrong.

Enrique Etxeberria, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Nostril reduction after a few days.

+1

You cannot tell what this will look like due to swelling.  Wait at least 6 months to see the results.