Nostrils Look Bigger and Show a Lot More After Rhinoplasty/septoplasty

I'm wondering if my nostrils will shrink over time and do they look like this because i'm only a week post op? My nose was set back because it was long but all i see are these nostrils and i'm worried...I don't even see how they will fall back in time since their is nothing to really cover them...How much time until The tip is not swollen along with nostrils? Thank you

5 Day Rhinoplasty Result

+1

Even without a picture, I can assure you that swelling is present 5 days after rhinoplasty surgery. You will see significant changes over the next several weeks, but it will take 6 months for you to begin to evaluate your nose.

It's normal to have a lot of swelling one week following Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

Without a photo, I won't be able to give you specific advice. Your tip is certainly going to be swollen. Your nostrils may appear wider from swelling, or if your tip was deprojected. You should alert your surgeon of your concerns, and be a bit patient as your swelling resolves over the ensuing weeks.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostrils appear flared and open after nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

Noses frequently look like the nostrils flare after a rhinoplasty. So ths is somewhat normal. Sit back and give it time to reassess in 6 months.