Nostrils After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hello, I am about 3.5 months post op from rhinoplasty. I have noticed a significant difference in my nostrils and I am wondering if this is an easy fix "just reshape it to match the other" Or if it is more likely an internal issue. I am extremely unhappy as many people have been able to point it out.

Nostril Asymmetry after Rhinoplasty at 3 Months

+1

Nostril asymmetry at 3 months may resolve due to swelling and softening of the developing scar.  Most nostrils are uneven.  When the tip is elevated, nostril asymmetry is unmasked and is more visible

Nostril asymmetry

+1

It is not atypical after rhinoplasty to have some nostril asymmetry that can last up to one year. That being said, it is also possible you had some previous asymmetry that became more noticeable after the rhinoplasty. Also, it is very difficult to make perfect symmetry between the nostrils. In either case it is best to wait about one year before contemplating any revision surgery.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

I am sorry you are unhappy after your rhinoplasty. The best view to assess this is the so-called "worms eye view" taken from below. Some asymmetries improve over time (some worsen). It depends on the cause of the asymmetry. This can be everything from bony differences of the midface (which is why it is very important to assess the facial skeleton and bite/history of orthodontics in patients requesting rhinoplasty!), all the way to the way something is scarring down. It is best to have your doctor or another experienced rhinoplasty surgeon examine you and look at your operative notes.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Nostrils After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Sorry for your unhappiness. But need BETTER posted photos to compare in differing views. Most likely would advise to leave alone. 

Nostril asymmetry

+1

Firsat, everyone has asymmetric nostrils.  It is a good idea to look over your per-op photos. Second at this point there may be alot of swelling which you will have to wait to subside.

Uneven nostrils after rhinoplasty.

+1

Uneven nostrils after rhinoplasty can take 1 year to even out. If you are still unhappy bring this up to your surgeon then and he can tell you after examine you if this can be fixed.