Nostril Wing

3 months after revision nose-lengthenin+tip sharpening+correction of overexposed nostrils with alar rim grafts, the lower, outer corner of my nostril wing is now 3mm lower on one side. could habitual, constant disparity of facial muscle usage have caused this?eg, constant greater usage of muscle around the naso-labial fold on one side, causing lip corner and nostril wing to become slightly more droopy?after all, nostril wing has thin skin?

Nostril disparity

+1

Despite a well planned rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty, it is next to near impossible to guarantee symmetry between the nostrils. It is unlikely over usage of muscles of facial expression would cause such a disparity. As long as the nostrils are close and the outcome is good, I would concentrate on the positive aspects of your rhinoplasty.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril asymmetry

+1

Although it is possible for repeated muscle function to influence healing after rhinoplasty, the most likely cause of this is pre-existing facial asymmetry

Sam Naficy, MD