One Nostril is Swollen from the Inside - Is That Normal?

It has been almost 3 weeks since my rhinoplasty one nostril feels like it's more swollen on the inside and I have problems breathing from it is that normal?

Nothing Smaller Than Your Elbow Should Be Put in Your Nose 3 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Anon in LA,

First of all, keep your fingers out of your nose.  You will not help anything, and possibly make things worse.  It does take time for the swelling to go down after rhinoplasty.  Best to discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon, and keep anything smaller that your elbow out of your nose.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Intra-nasal Swelling 3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not rare to have asymmetrical intra-nasal swelling which compromises breathing 3 weeeks after rhinoplasty. Be patient and talk to your surgeon.

Nostril swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It is not unusual to experience some difficulty breathing and residual swelling in the nose several weeks after rhinoplasty. You may also have sutures inside the nostrils which contribute to both the swelling and altered breathing you are experiencing. If you are concerned about this you should consult your plastic surgeon for examination to determine if there are any other issues.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD