Is Nostril Swelling 7 Weeks Post-rhinoplasty Temporary?

After significant rhinoplasty, including removal of anterior nasal spine and cartilage, hump removal, filing down the bone and removing cartilage from the tip and either side of my nostrils, both tip and nostrils are still very swollen. I am more concerned about the nostrils as I know tip swelling is normal. Pre-op my surgeon and I agreed that alar base reduction was not necessary and he assured me that my nostrils wouldn't look larger after surgery. Please give me hope that this is temporary.

Nostril Swelling at 7 Weeks

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern

Nostril Swelling 7 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

While your nostril swelling is probably temporary, only your surgeon can answer your question with any certainty. It does soulnd like this will resolve if your entire tip is still swollen.

Post rhinoplasty swelling

+1
You are in the very early stages of recovery and your swelling will take time to completely dissipate. At the four to six month period you will be able to better assess your surgical result and discuss with your surgeon at that time your concerns if you still have any. Alar reduction is an easy fix if you decide you still need it after your healing process is finalized. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD