3 Months Post-Op My Nose is Too Wide and Nostrils are Upturned. How Can I Fix This?

Hello, I had primary rhinoplasty 3 months ago to remove a small hump and decrease the tip. I am unhappy with the result. My nose was not broken so the bridge is now too wide and flat but the part I hate most is the tip, I feel my nostrils show too much for my face and it is too upturned. Please could you advise me on how difficult this would be to fix and what procedures it would involve? Also, is it likely that my nose tip could be restored closely to how it was originally?

If your nose appears too wide 6 months after Rhinoplasty Surgery, you may achieve narrowing with osteotomies.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

You have an acceptable result, so far, and you should reserve Revision Rhinoplasty as a last resort. Also, you cannot judge your final result this soon after surgery. Your bridge may narrow a bit, and your tip may lower as well.

If the width of your bridge is still problematic for you in 3 months, well-performed osteotomies may be performed, with anesthesia, to narrow your bridge. I would strongly suggest waiting at least 6-12 months from the date of your original surgery before considering another procedure.

I cannot appreciate excessive nostril-show from the photos you posted. You'll be close to your final result 1 year after your surgery.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose to wide, rotated

+2

I'm sorry you are unhappy. From the photos you show you appear to have a very nice result so far. Some of what you are seeing is the illusion of rotation that occurs from lowering the profile. I would be patient for now. Your tip will likely drop a little in time as well.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

I agree with you the bridge of the nose is wide. The nostrils are very good from the pictures you posted. If you want the nosrtrils lowered and the bridge narrowed then it requires an long soreader graft and narrowing the bridge by breaking the bones.