Nostril Re-Shaping

What can be done to the nostrils to reshape them (to make them slimmer and less round, for example)? Is making them less wide (alar base reduction) the only technique used on nostrils to change them, or can they be trimmed and reshaped the way the rest of the nose cartilage can?

Best Way to Re-Shape Nostrils

+2
Hi Spring,

There are many ways to refine nostrils, it is not limited to just alar reduction.  In fact, alar reduction is the least used method to reshape nostrils.  The cartilages underlying the nostrils are usually reshaped to change the nostril shape.  As with any aesthetic treatment, the most important aspect for the patient is taking the time to choose their surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Nostril Re-Shaping

+2
There are several ways that the nostrils and the shape can be manipulated.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Nostril Reshaping

+2
There are several techniques that can be used depending on the position, size, and flare of your nostrils. Pictures, as described on my website, are necessary for me to offer suggestions.