Nostril Reduction Revision

I had nostril reduction 2 months ago and still nostrils seems big, in fact they are uneven. how long should I wait until a revision? I want them a bit smaller. I had only nostril reduction nothing else was performed.

Nostril reduction revision

+1

Nostril reduction should be done only after about six months to allow full healing once skin has been removed from the base of the nostrils. In the interim it is too swollen to make a final determination whether or not enough skin has been removed in this area. It is also important to make sure that the nostrils do not become distorted from two surgeries.

Nostril revision

+1

Nostril revison should wiat at least 6 months to insure that the majority of swelling has gone down. If done too soon after the previous surgery, it may be distorted.

Nostril Reduction

+1

Wait at least 6 months before considering revision surgery.  Your present nostril asymmetry may have been present before surgery (look at pre-op pictures), be secondary to your surgery, or secondary to post-op swelling which will resolve with time. Perfect nostril symmetry, with or without surgery, is uncommon.

Nostril reduction

+1

You need to wait until the swelling settles after any surgery like alar wedge or nostril resection. I would probably say that if you looked at your photos before the surgery, your nostrils were different. Further improvement is possible but I would wait at least several months.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nostril reduction revision

+1

I recommend 3 months at the least. But be careful you can cause scarring in the area of revision. Discuss with the surgeon in detail.

Good Luck from MIAMI DR. B

When to do nostril revision surgery.

+1

I would wait 4-6 months. Without seeing the photos of your nose, it is difficult to say if this will or will not be needed. Uneven nostrils are difficult to be perfect if they were asymmetric to begin with.

Nostril Width Reduction

+1

Hi,

Narrowing of the nostrils is very tricky. Asymmetry is not an uncommon complication. You have to be careful how many times you reduce the them because the asymmetry can worsen to the point of no return. In general, I would wait 4 to 6 weeks before a revision and be cautious when making the decision.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Revision of Nostril Reduction

+1

Excessive flaring of the nostrils are either Ethnic (IE African, Mexican/Mestizo, or Pacific islanders) or seen when the tip of the nose is lowered excessively. The operation done to reduce such flaring (Weir excision) removes a small outer wedge which reduces the curve of the nostril. It can be done under local anesthesia in the surgeon's office.

I would wait until the nostrils are soft and postoperative swelling has completely subsided before performing such a revision. Anywhere from 6 to 8 months would be required.