Will a nostril reduction make my tip appear bulbous? (Photo)

Im concerned with the width of my nose and I want to get a nostril reduction. Im concerned that by only getting a nostril reduction it will cause the tip of my nose to appear bulbous. What do you think?

Alarplasty for a bulbous nasal tip

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for an alarplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

Additionally, it seems from your photos that you may have a thick nasal skin and with that you have to anticipate that edema will take longer that average to subside. However, the end results should not be compromised.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS