Will a nostril reduction make my tip appear bulbous? (Photo)

Im concerned with the width of my nose and I want to get a nostril reduction. Im concerned that by only getting a nostril reduction it will cause the tip of my nose to appear bulbous. What do you think?

Alar base reduction

+1
I don't want to complicate the conversation, but I would not recommend "nostril reduction" (alar base reduction) alone.  I think you were on to something with your question.  Reducing nostril width in your case will make your tip look bigger and rounder.  From the photos you show, you have a very complex nose and deserve a comprehensive and complex approach.  Seek someone you focusses on rhinoplasty.

Will a nostril reduction make my tip appear bulbous?

+1
    An alar base reduction will improve the look of the nose.  If the reduction you want is more drastic, the tip will need to be refined as well.

Nose tip

+1
TSmith313, not to sound vague but anything is possible with surgery depending on the degree that is performed and one’s personal perspective. I would recommend you see 2-3 rhinoplasty specialists and go over your desires and concerns. Look at their photos. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon