Can I get nostril reduction and tip reduction? (photos)

I have wide asymmetrical nostrils and a bulbous drooping tip, but I DON'T need a full rhinoplasty procedure. I just want to get the bottom half of my nose done, is it possible for a surgeon to do nostrils and tip ONLY? And at the same time?

+1
Thanks for your photos and question.
it would be helpful to see a front and side views smiling and not smiling...
An in-person, individualized consultation with  an expert can give you the best analysis and suggestions.
Nasal tip can be reduced and the bulbosity can be improved with tip rhinoplasty alone or in combination with alar base surgery ( to reduce the width of the base and nostrils width). The good news is that in many occassions, We have done this successfully, under local anesthesia in the office with very reasonable cost.
There are many factors depending on the anatomy and the quality of skin,cartilage and soft tissues can impact the type of procedure that could give you the best result.  An individualized consultation to give you more specific answer and review the final outcome using a digital photography morphing of optimal result will help you make the deicison. 
Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Sajjadian
TRIPLE board certified plastic surgeon

Can I get nostril reduction and tip reduction?

+1
Yes, the nostril reduction and tip reduction can be done at the same time. An exam is needed to determine if this is the right surgery for you.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam to explore your options.
Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Nose Surgery

+1
Hi, I would need to see side views (non-smiling) but with what you have shown, I agree.  You could benefit from tip refinement and nostril reshaping. Yes, it is possible to do nostrils and tip only, and of course at the same procedure. 
All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Can my nostrils and tip be done at the same time?

+1
  • Yes the lower half of your nose can be done all at one time. This would include Tip  And caudal septum. Your nostrils could be narrowed if necessary as well. It is difficult to determine from your photographs as they cannot be blown up. I would recommend that you see a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in rhinoplasty they can show you photographs of similar patients and their results. Best wishes

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tip plasty only surgery

+1
The majority of patients must undergo a full rhinoplasty, not a tip rhinoplasty. On a rare occasion a tip platy only can be performed, but the remainder of the nose must be in balance. To reduce the bulbous tip, suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages are performed, and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal is also  performed. 

+1
To answer your question - it is possible to make modifications to the tip and nostrils only. Keep in mind that a good surgeon will do the following:

1) Consider the entire nose relative to the proportions of the face prior to performing surgery
2) Make a full assessment during an in-person consult followed by recommendations on what would give you the best overall outcome. 

If only tip work is performed, it is possible to take care of the nostrils and refine the nasal tip during the same surgery. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Isolated Nasal Tip Surgery

+1
It is frequently possible to modify the lower one third of the nose without involving the upper part and something I do regularly. However, the elements of the nose must remain in balance with one another and sometimes slight modifications must be done to the other parts of the nose just to maintain harmony. Because of this, it is imperative that your nose be carefully evaluated and a specific goal established as to what you wish for your result. Once the tip changes are pre determined then the surgeon should be able to tell you if he or she feels the rest of the nose can be left alone. Computer imaging can be helpful in this regard.

Andrew S. Frankel, MD

+1
Yes, they can be done at the same time without changing other parts of the nose.

Tip rhinoplasty

+1
It is possible to address just the tip as well as the nasal base in one procedure.  You should see a skilled rhinoplasty surgeon who understands the dynamics of performing these procedures.  Often times adjustment of one area necessitates adjustments in other areas I order to maintain strength and balance.  

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril reduction and tip reduction?

+1
Improving the nostril width and refining a drooping bulbous tip are frequent requests of patients wanting nasal refinement. It is possible to improve the cosmetic appearance of the tip alone without altering the rest of the nose in some patients. Whether the optimal option in your particular situation would be a tip rhinoplasty alone or a full rhinoplasty would best be determined at a consultation.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon