Could I get nostril reduction only and would my uneven nostrils be symmetrical? (photo)

I damaged my nose extremely bad when I was a kid, and since then my nostrils have been HUGE, with one being noticeably larger than the other. It's slightly noticeable when I don't smile, then when I do smile my nose looks like a pop-out book, and you can really tell one nostril is quite larger. I was wondering what risks are involved with the procedure and the cost for nostril reduction ONLY, no bump removal, nothing else. I have more pictures, but this one should be enough. Thank you.

Could I get nostril reduction only and would my uneven nostrils be symmetrical?

+1
It is difficult to give you precise advice based on the photographs provided. In general, it is possible to perform a nostril reduction only. Associated risks with alar base reduction include but are not limited to the following:

1) Infection
2) Scarring
3) Asymmetry

Having the procedure performed by a board certified and experienced surgeon who uses a meticulous technique greatly reduces the chance of any risks occurring and leads to a fantastic outcome. Cost can vary depending on the complexity of the procedure and geographic location. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.  

Alar Base Excisions for Nostril Asymmetry

+1
Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to make a specific recommendation for you from your photograph, but in general it is definitely possible to have the nostril size reduced and improve the asymmetry without changing the rest of the nose. This would involve making a carefully placed incision on the nostril and taking out a portion of the skin. Sometimes this can be done under local anesthesia in the office (without going to the operating room).

A consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist would give you a better idea of what is involved and what the costs are.

Amy Hsu

Amy K Hsu, MD

+1
You can certainly reduce the size of your nostrils and improve the size discrepancy.