Nostril Piercing After Rhinoplasty

I had rhinoplasty with silicon implant to correct flat nose. The implant runs till the tip of nose. Can I undergo nostril piercing procedure now? What are the risks? Will it affect my cartilages or cause infection of the implant? Will the contour change?

Nostril Piercing after Silicone Nasal Implant

+1

Wait at least 6 weeks after your rhinoplasty to pierce the nostrils. Infection is always a potential problem after nasal implants; there is added risk when the nose is pierced in the adjacent tissue.   

Nose piercing after implant augmentation rhinoplasty (nose job)

+1

Any penetrating injury to the nose with an implant has the potential to seed and infect the implant. Depending on the size and shape, particularly large guages, can cause the nostril to be distorted. It is probably wisest to avoid the piercing.