How Do I Know if the Nostril Incision is Healing Properly After Rhinoplasty?

I had my rhinoplasty 9 days ago so far i havent had any complaints. Im loving the shape and size even tho its still swollen. My concern is my left nostril. The right nostril looks like it properly healed and feels tight but the left one looks like the skin is still separate from the skin on my face and the skin is not as tight. Its not a huge gap. I still have stitches along the nostrils they will be taken out tomorrow. Is this normal? Will it heal after?

Nostril Incision After Rhinoplasty

+1

This is totally normal during the early healing. I encourage you to give things some time. If you have chosen the right surgeon- which it sounds like so far you have- you need to trust in his care throughout the process.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing of Nostril Incision after Rhinoplasty

+1

If you're seeing your surgeon the day after your post you will have the answer to your question before any of us respond.

Healing after rhinoplasty

+1
Your surgeon will certainly be able to see how you are healing when you return for suture removal. However be assured that the swelling after rhinoplasty can take months to fully resolve and only then will you see the final result.

Kristin Egan, MD
Manhattan Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhino Incisions

+1

It is too early to tell if you are going to have any problems at this point. What seems like an asymmetry today may be just fine when all the swelling has come down. Be patient, swelling after nose surgery can take weeks to months depending on what you had done.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Healing properly after rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty result will take several months to know how well it healed and how good the rsult is.  At one week it is pretty early. Certainly ask your questions to your doctor when you see him/her tomorrow.

Perfect!

+1

Since you will see your plastic surgeon tomorrow, ask him if he/she feels the incisions are healing well as he will have the best view.  What seems abnormal to you may be minor differences with perfectly normal healing. Enjoy your new nose

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty 9 days ago

+1

9 days after rhinoplasty is too early to determine whether your incision is healing correctly.  If you are seeing your plastic surgeon to take out your sutures tomorrow, you should feel free to discuss your concerns.  I'm sure he/she would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Dr. Cat Begovic

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Incisions after rhinoplasty

+1

Sutures outside the nose are most often removed by seven days after rhinoplasty. You should not see gaps or open areas. Sutures on the inside of the nose generally dissolve and stay unseen, and you should not try to see them. If you have an open area or gap, see your surgeon right away.

peterejohnsonmd

Is Nostril Incision Healing Properly

+1

If you posted photos, it would be easier to guide you.  If your sutures are not removed yet, it is too soon to tell what your results will be.  Have your surgeon guide you.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Incisions

+1

Since you are able compare left to right, you should have the right side examined by your surgeon for normal healing - perhaps there was a small area of separation.

In general,  scars require 6-12months to heal.

Stephan Baker, MD