One Nostril Keeps Bleeding Intensely One Day After Rhinoplasty?

One of my nostril's tip keeps bleeding. its been 30 hours since surgery and it hasnt stopped. it seems that it is from the stitches where tip work was done. the bleeding goes on the tape on the columlea too. It is very intense. doctor put more tampon before i left the hospital, and now i took it off, and it just keeps bleeding. will this mess up my recovery on the tip and cause damage?

+1

Any persistent bleeding of any significant volume should be addressed by the surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bleeding persistent after rhinoplasty

+1

If you are having persistent bleeding it is best to talk with your surgeon to be evaluated. Excessive bleeding is not normal.

Bleeding after Rhinoplasty

+1

Contact your Surgeon as soon as possible regarding this bleeding.  Otherwise, your results could be compromised.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Bleeding after rhino

+1

You should call your doctor so that he can see you and place something there to stop this. If this is done, your result will not be compromised

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon