Is my Nostril Beginning to Collapse?

I had primary rhinoplasty 10 days ago. My tip and nostrils looked were very normal looking (albiet swollen) while my cast was on...nostrils same size and even...the morning after my cast was removed..i noticed my right nostril seemed to be indented in and it was no longer matching the shape of the other nostril hole, or where its indented on the outside it seems to look like its making the nostil hole change shape and dent in too if that makes sense...i asked my dr and he got angry and said its too soon and dont ask him :(

Give Your Post-Rhinoplasty Nose More Time to Heal

+1

It is very early in your recovery at this point. Be patient, the swelling will subside over the next few months and the final result of your rhinoplasty will start to take shape. Many of the temprorary changes after surgery are simply the result of nasal tapes and casts that are required in the immediate post operative period.  

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and nostril sill

+1

It is way to soon to see if the nostril sill is asymmetric. This may be from the taping of the nose.  You have to give it some time for the swelling to resolve before you can really assess asymmetry.

Nostril beginning to collapse

+1

Aask away, you paid for the operation. You are allowed to ask ANY questions. But it is very early on to tell if you are having a nostril sill collapse. Photos could help.

From MIAMI DR. B 

Nostril Collapse

+1

It is difficult to respond to your description; a picture might be helpful. I know that it is not reassuring, but nothing would be done this soon after surgery.  Return to your surgeon and share your concern once again; you do have the right to ask any reasonable question. If necessary get a second opinion from another surgeon. I'm sorry you did not get better support.

Nostril Asymmetry 10 Days After Rhinoplasty...Too Early to Tell

+1

Hi,

How dare you ask us!  Just kidding, sorry that your rhinoplasty surgeon is being a little short with you.

It is too early to determine what your nostrils will look like when your nose settles and all of the swelling is gone.  Plus there is nothing to do about it at this time anyway.  Be patient and hopefully your nose will heal perfectly.  Your surgeon best knows what support the nostrils were left with, and what maneuvers were performed that may have weakened the support of them.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD