Nostril Asymmetry After Rhino? (photo)

I got a rhinoplasty two weeks ago and the swelling is going down but I have a big asymmetry between my 2 nostrils. My doctor says that it's normal but the diference is very noticeable and I am starting to worry: I put a picture of my nose. Is it a normal diference form swelling and it should be back to normal in few months or I can except a big nostril asymmetry after swelling going down ?

Nostril Asymmetry After Rhino?

+1

I see your issue of asymmetric nostrils. Yes it could be swelling especially you are ONLY 2 weeks post operative. Best to allow 3 months of healing than re consider the results. 

Asymmetrical nostrils after Rhinoplasty

+1

You need to wait at least 3 months to allow swelling to subside before making a judgement about any assymetry of your nostrils. A base view of the nose would better show how the nostrils look.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

Two weeks is very early to judge a result. Stay calm and let the healing take place. Many times asymmetries improve as the swelling resolves.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon