Nose, Tip, Wide, Hump?

considering surgery. A nose surgery that involves correction of the nose, refinering of nose and hump removal. My question is the following: My nose is crooked, it moves to the higher side and seems a bit wide. When the hump removed and cartilage that is on the side of the nose are reduced my nose to see wide after surgery? Thanks for answering

Nose hump and crooked

+3

Hump removal is performed by shaving down cartilage and bone along the dorsum.  A crooked nose is treated by resetting the nose bones with osteotomies.  The osteotomies also narrow the nose to prevent a wide, open-roof deformity

Preoperative rhinoplasty analysis.

+2

It sounds as if you have multiple concerns.  Without photos and based on your description it is difficult to determine exactly what the issues are.  I would recommend consultations with a few qualified rhinoplasty surgeons.

Mario. J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked and wide nose correction with rhinoplasty

+2

Crooked and wide nose are common reasons for many patients seeking rhinoplasty.  A crooked nose may result from deformed cartilage or deviated nasal bones.  This is corrected by resetting the bones and cartilage framework.  A wide nose is corrected by infracturing and the nasal bones.  If the tip is wide, then tiplasty by reshaping the cartilage can give significant improvement to the nose.  Posting pictures of your nose will be helpful to diagnose your concerns.

C. Carson Huynh, MD, DMD
Atlanta Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

A crooked nose and width

+2

If you want the nose to be reduced in width, this is easy to accomplish and it should not appear wide after surgery.  The crooked nature of the nose can always be improved, but this is hardly ever 100%.

Rhinoplasty and nasal width

+2

When taking down a dorsal hump/bump, the nose may look a bit wide. That is why infracturing of the bones is performed so that the nose does not appear too wide.

Rhinoplasty results

+1

I cannot answer your question based on the reading.  You would be well advised to revise your question in complete sentences in order to get an intelligent answer.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Wide, Crooked Nose with Hump

+1

A wide, crooked nose with a hump can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery. Hopefully this helps; I'm not sure what you are asking.

Rhinoplasty / septoplasty problems

+1

The key to a straight nose is a straight septum.  It is possible to correct all of the problems that are of concern to you with a rhinoplasty and septoplasty.  

Rhinoplasty for crooked wide nose with hump.

+1

This can be corrected in one operation.  Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses.