Nose, Tip, Wide, Hump?

considering surgery. A nose surgery that involves correction of the nose, refinering of nose and hump removal. My question is the following: My nose is crooked, it moves to the higher side and seems a bit wide. When the hump removed and cartilage that is on the side of the nose are reduced my nose to see wide after surgery? Thanks for answering

Nose hump and crooked

Hump removal is performed by shaving down cartilage and bone along the dorsum.  A crooked nose is treated by resetting the nose bones with osteotomies.  The osteotomies also narrow the nose to prevent a wide, open-roof deformity

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Preoperative rhinoplasty analysis.

It sounds as if you have multiple concerns.  Without photos and based on your description it is difficult to determine exactly what the issues are.  I would recommend consultations with a few qualified rhinoplasty surgeons.

Mario. J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, DDS, MD
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

3600 So. Logan St.
Englewood, CO 80113

Crooked and wide nose correction with rhinoplasty

Crooked and wide nose are common reasons for many patients seeking rhinoplasty.  A crooked nose may result from deformed cartilage or deviated nasal bones.  This is corrected by resetting the bones and cartilage framework.  A wide nose is corrected by infracturing and the nasal bones.  If the tip is wide, then tiplasty by reshaping the cartilage can give significant improvement to the nose.  Posting pictures of your nose will be helpful to diagnose your concerns.

C. Carson Huynh, MD, DMD
Atlanta Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

5730 Glenridge Dr NE
Atlanta , GA 30328

A crooked nose and width

If you want the nose to be reduced in width, this is easy to accomplish and it should not appear wide after surgery.  The crooked nature of the nose can always be improved, but this is hardly ever 100%.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Rhinoplasty and nasal width

When taking down a dorsal hump/bump, the nose may look a bit wide. That is why infracturing of the bones is performed so that the nose does not appear too wide.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Rhinoplasty results

I cannot answer your question based on the reading.  You would be well advised to revise your question in complete sentences in order to get an intelligent answer.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS
Champaign Plastic Surgeon

1405 W Park Street
Urbana, IL 61801

Wide, Crooked Nose with Hump

A wide, crooked nose with a hump can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery. Hopefully this helps; I'm not sure what you are asking.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Rhinoplasty / septoplasty problems

The key to a straight nose is a straight septum.  It is possible to correct all of the problems that are of concern to you with a rhinoplasty and septoplasty.  

3096 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30097

Rhinoplasty for crooked wide nose with hump.

This can be corrected in one operation.  Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. 

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210