Why Does Some Nosejobs Ends Up Being Pointy?

i have noticed many girls done a nosejob and it ended looking a little cartoonish ? the tip is high or bouncy looking?

Why do some noses appear pointy following rhinoplasty?

+1

Appearance of the nose following rhinoplasty can be a result of the technique used by the surgeon and the preference of the patient. Ideally, the final outcome is a natural looking result that complements the face and enhances the patient's facial features. There are many techniques now that make it possible to obtain a natural outcome, and it is essential that the patient chooses an experienced and board certified specialist to perform their surgery. Computer imaging software is a fantastic tool that allows the surgeon to morph a photo of the patient and give them an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. It also serves as a fantastic communication tool between the patient and their prospective surgeon, and will help ensure they obtain a result they are happy with. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Nasal tip and rhinoplasty

+1

I agree, I do not like the over treated tip they can look a bit fake.  Best to be conservative and leave things more natural in my opinion.

Pointy tip after rhinoplasty

+1

An overly done nose can look cartoonish.  Removing too much tissue from the tip, tightening the tip too much, or placing excessive sutures to create artificial points can result in a 'done' appearance.  Some patients deliberately seek out this look.

This is one of the reasons it is so important to see many examples of the surgeon's work.  Not every painting is appealing to all patients, and there is not always a good fit between a patient and a given doctor based on artistic expectations.

While experience is very important, so are new techniques.

So make sure you like the artist before buying one of his paintings.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Nasal profile aesthetics can vary from surgeon to surgeon

+1

You have asked an interesting question. Some surgeons feel the ideal aesthetic profile is similar to the one in your photo, and others do not. It often helps to undergo computer imaging before a rhinoplasty surgery, that way the surgeon and patient communicate about the aesthetics of the nose and discuss their surgical goals. Your best bet is to look at before-and after-photos for each surgeon. If you like what you see, then they're the surgeon for you!

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pointed nose after rhinoplasty

+1

The pointed nose can be caused from her variety of different reasons which include a cartilaginous strut with thin skin, and too much narrowing of the tip cartilages. It's always best to seek out a rhinoplasty surgeon who has lots of experience and  who has many years of  followup from his patients to avoid these issues.

Nasal Tip Reshaping: Pointy or Round, It's Up to You

+1

This question touches on a common problem. Pulling the nasal tip cartilages too close together or removing too much of the tip cartilage can lead to an overly narrow or pinched tip. Often, surgeons will perform rhinoplasty the same way regardless of the patient's individual characteristics (soft tissue thickness, cartilage strength, etc.). This can lead to an aesthetic that doesn't fit the patient's face.  With my patients, we strive for natural-appearing results. I want you to still look like you -- but better.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pointy Noses after Rhinoplasty

+1

The nose after rhinoplasty can be as pointy or nonpointy as you like, although I do not have any patients with pinched tips or excessively pointy like the one in the picture.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties per year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA