Nosejob, Closed Rhino-septoplasty?

Can a surgeon correct septum, removing cartilage and refine the tip in the closed method? Thanks.

The closed rhinoplasty

+2

I guess that I would say it depends. It is possible to do many cases involving all of the above in the closed septo-rhinoplasty. Since I was a resident and we did mostly closed rhinoplasty, the trend has been to do more open rhinoplasty procedures, even among a lot of experienced, formally closed rhinoplasty surgeons, including myself. There is more predictability in the open technique, especially in complex cases. Closed techniques are great in straight forward  cases. The open procedure hides the small incision in the columella which is invisible.  It is really the experience and recommendation and preference of your surgeon with your nose. 

Closed rhinoplasty

+2

You can do all those maneuvers with the closed technique. In some cases an open technique allows  the surgeon to have more predictable results.  Donald R. Nunn MD, DDS  Board Certified Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Closed Rhinoplasty

+2

It is possible to correct the septum,remove cartilage,alter the dorsum and refine the tip with a closed rhinoplasty.The elements you describe are commonly performed together.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Closed Septorhinoplasty

+1

These items can be addressed through closed rhinoplasty.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Closed rhinoplasty for nose tip and septum

+1

A septoplasty , a full rhinoplasty and any tip work can all be performed closed. For many examples of closed rhinoplasty, please see our rhinoplasty photo gallery

Open vs. closed

+1

All of those goals can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty but some surgeons feel that significant tip work is more predictable with and open technique.

Richard A. Bartlett, MD
Brookline Plastic Surgeon