Make Nose Wider After Rhinoplasty? Almost 2 Yrs Ago

My new nose looks way to thin for my face, it's pointier & flares more. I told my PS the only problem I had was when I smiled my nose drooped a bit & the nostrils flared but instead of fixing the problem it's worse than before. I'm so depressed he didn't do anything I asked all he did was make it thin which I never asked for the bridge to be changed. Is there a non surgical way I can add volume and make the edges softer permanently? I don't trust going under the knife again.

Make nose wider after rhinoplasty? Almost 2 years ago?

+1

I generally would not recommend a non-surgical rhinoplasty. There are many risks involved, which included infection, rejection by the body, asymmetry, and necrosis (the tissue dies). If you wish to change the appearance of your nose,  I would recommend consulting with a board certified revision rhinoplasty specialist. He or she may use computer imaging software to give you an idea of how your final result may appear. This will also serve as a great communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon, and ensure you obtain a result you are happy with. Good communication is a must, and there are surgeons that will listen to your needs. If you are considering a revision, look for great patient testimonials, a variety of before and after photos, and good credentials. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Widening the Nose Two Years After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is certainly reasonable in 2013 to consider injectable fillers for widening the nose - especially if you have decided against undergoing revision surgery. I would advise test driving a temporary filler before considering a more long-term option, such as Artefill.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Making the nose wider after rhinoplasty.

+1

Making the nose wider after rhinoplasty can be done with temporary fillers but i do not recommend permanent fillers since you can have a bad permanent result. The nose can be made made wider with a minor under local anesthesia procedure.

Fillers to widen the width of the nose are unreliable

+1

I don't think the use of dermal fillers like Radiesse would reliably alter the width of your nose. It sounds like communication pre-op between you and your surgeon could have included more discussion on possible outcomes and expectations for the surgical result. My advice would be to locate a surgeon with experience in revisionary rhinoplasty and get a second opinion.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Making the Nose Bigger or Wider with Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for taking the time to reach out with this question. While some people will advertise a non-surgical rhinoplasty, the results of this are, at best, temporary, and at worst, very risky in terms of healing and infection issues. A nose that is too small or too thin can be made larger with a revision rhinoplasty, though this is a challenging task. Without seeing your pictures and examining your nose in person, it isn't possible to say exactly what would work. However, augmentation rhinoplasty generally involves grafts taken from the ear cartilage or rib cartilage. These options should be discussed in your consultation with a revision rhinoplasty specialist.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty without surgery

+1

The idea of rhinoplasty without surgery is a bit of myth. Some will push injectable fillers to shape the nose, however the result is not permanent. It may help give you an idea of what a change might be like, however computer imaging works just as well. Rhinoplasty regrets often follow poor communication and planning. Consultation with another practice might help you sort things out and find a surgeon worthy of your trust.

Making the Nose Wider with Filler

+1

Filler to increase the apparent width of the nose may be reasonable, but this would be very hard to recommend without an assessment of your nose, skin, and goals.  Most rhinoplasty surgeons prefer to revise a nose with surgery rather than filler to create a more sturdy, permanent result.  Look for the rhinoplasty surgeon who will listen to your desires and give you what want.