Nose MUCH Wider 3-4 Months After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I'm a male from Chicago with thick skin who had a really large dorsal hump removed and the nose slightly de-projected as well as a graft to define the tip more.The profile looks perfect to me but the front is just SO much worse! It has no shape, it looks like a wide potato in photos! My nose used to be very thin in the front. My surgeon says that it can never look as thin as it was because the hump was what contributed to that, but I see many people outside with thinner noses and no humps?

Wider nose post-rhinoplasty

+2

Based on your photo, I do not believe any bony modifications were performed. This is what could cause the  flatter/wider frontal look. I suspect lateral and medial infractures of the bones with, possibly, a dorsal onlay graft would achieve an improved appearance.

Good luck!

Dr. A

Wider nose after rhinoplasty

+2
The nose can appear wider after the hump is reduced if the nasal width is not reduced with an infracture of the nasal bones. The effect is like taking the top off of the letter A, and an infracture will be needed to bring things back into balance.

Nose MUCH Wider 3-4 Months After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Also to me based upon the posted photo you either had a poor "infracture of the nasal bones", or did not have one done, or had a sliding laterally of the fractured nasal bones. Best to obtain in person evaluations. 

Deviation after rhinoplasty can be corrected.

+1

Hi.

Your picture seems to show that your nose is deviated towards the left.  That alone could make it look wider.  In any case, get a couple of opinions.  This can probably be improved.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)