Can my Nose Be Widened and the Dorsum Raised 2-3 Mm After Revision?

I've had one revision using a rib spreader graft and ear for the tip. My nose was broken and made skinnier but it totally changed the proportions of the nose. If my skin is okay with this change, can my dorsum be widened again? What way is most likely best (grafts, technique) if possible? Can I get a raised dorsum too?

Nasal revision can raise and widen the bridge

All that you ask for, a higher bridge and some widening can come true, however considering a third revision in one who is running thin on graft material, you should carefully consider the risk. A rib graft may again be needed for a well shaped and straight nasal bridge. Try out the result with computer imaging to be sure the effort is worth it.

8901 West Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016

Augmenting the dorsum

Yes - the dorsum can be both raised and widened.  It would likely require use of another rib graft - but this time not as a spreader but as an onlay graft

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Raising and widening dorsum after revision rhinoplasty

Without seeing your nose it's hard to say whether dorsum elevation and widening is possible (or advisable). It may be possible to do using additional graft material (or possibly even with injectible filler).

Wait until you're at least a year postop to discuss your options with your surgeon.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

1101 Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98104

Nasal Revisin to Widen and Raise the Bridge

You can widen and raise the nasal bridge with a revision rhinoplasty. Consider the use of temporalis fascia or fillers to accomplish your goals - see an experienced nasal revision surgeon.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Complex problems in people had numerous nasal surgeries requires careful attention

It is impossible to render an opinion in a Q&A format on line when someone has had a primary then revision rhinoplasty, especially one that required rib cartilage for reconstruction. I suggest you see a specialist in revision rhinoplasty to see your best options. It would be helpful to bring the operative notes and photos as well.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

521 Park Ave
New York, NY 10065

A well-performed Injectable Filler procedure may be employed to raise and widen your nasal bridge after Revision Rhinoplasty..

I read your concern. In my practice, Silikon-1000, an off-label permanent filler, may be used to raise the height of the bridge of your nose, and widen the bridge of your nose. This may be a better option for you than a third rhinoplasty surgery. Procedures are performed with topical anesthetic, and there is no downtime.

Feel free to email or post your photo, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

1500 Pleasant Valley Way
West Orange, NJ 07052