Round Nose and Wide Nostrils (Afro Caribbean) - Am I a Good Rhinoplasty Candidate?

I have a very round nose with wide nostrils. The thing is I only want tip refinement surgery because I'm fearful that any alar work will completely ruin my face. Do you think that it's possible to have work done on my tip and perhaps even my bridge without completely changing my nostrils? Do you think a nose job is a good idea for me from what you can see or should I not bother? Oh and if I lift my head slightly you can see all the way up my nose which is very annoying.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

African American Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

Yes I think you are a good candidate for African American rhinoplasty. The tip can be refined as well as the bridge of the nose without affecting the nostrils too much. You can have your pictures computer imaged to see what your results would look like after surgery.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com

Rhinoplasty

+2

You certainly can obtain some of the things that you want by not having the nostrils adjusted. You can have dorsal augmentationa nd tip work. The tip work may lift your nostrils "out" so to speak and acutally  elongating them a bit. 

You ARE a candidate for rhinoplasty

+2

The keys to successful rhinoplasty are an experienced surgeon and an informed patient with realistic expectations. I agree with my colleague that computer imaging is a great communication tool to ensure that you and your surgeon are "on the same page." Tip rhinoplasty and dorsal augmentation are reasonable options for you. Projecting your nasal tip will possibly reduce some of the "flair" of your nostrils without any need to do surgery at the nasal base.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Round Nose and Wide Nostrils

+1

A "nose job" is a good idea for you if you see an experienced surgeon who does African American or Afro Carribean noses. Careful discussionj will determine what you and that surgeon want to achieve. You want proportion and balance.

African American rhinoplasty.

+1

Yes, you can have a much improved appearance with a rhinoplasty with nostril narrowing and tip refinement,etc. You should see Rhinoplasty surgeon who does many non-artificial looking ethnic rhinoplasties. He should have you meet with patients he has done.