Will Rhinoplasty Fix Wide Nose with Hump?

my nose is very wide for my face and has a hump from the side. is there any way that rhinoplasty can fix them both? I'm equally concerned about both of these problems. I'm female and I have a small face, but my nose is very large in comparison. Will rhinoplasty fix it? If so, what would need to be done?

Rhinoplasty to correct wide nose with hump

+1

The rhinoplasty operation is designed to address many issues such as a wide nose with a hump. There are hundreds of different tip techniques, to give a much more natural appearing tip now than 30 years ago. Spreader grafts are also placed directly underneath the concave side of the upper lateral cartilage to bolster and strengthen the area to make both upper lateral cartilages more symmetrical. 

Rhinoplasty for Wide Nose With a Hump

+1

A rhinoplasty will narrow your nose and remove the dorsal hump. The surgical goal will be to decrease the size of your nose, provide more definition, and bring your nose into proportion with the surrounding  facial features.

#Rhinoplasty is a plastic surgery option to improve appearance of wide nose & hump

+1

Hi HeatherNichole in tn,

Rhinoplasty is not one operation, but many potential operations. Every patient is unique. Reducing the hump from a nose is the most common request for cosmetic nasal surgery. Humps are usually made up of both cartilage and bone, and come in various sizes and shapes. Reducing small humps is a relatively easier procedure, as compared to more extensive rhinoplasty surgery. Large bumps will require bone reshaping/breaking after the hump is removed.

A goal in nasal surgery is to recreate balance of the nose with the rest of the face. A small hump may be filed or rasped without needing more surgery. A subtle change in the nose may create a profound improvement in facial balance. Occasionally, complementary surgery may be recommended along with the rhinoplasty to help improve overall facial balance, such as chin implant or augmentation.

Only after a comprehensive nasal evaluation can a rhinoplasty surgeon help determine the most appropriate option for you. Best of luck.

Dr. C

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treating a hump on nasal bridge with wide nostrils: nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

Making your nose smaller can be achieved, You should be careful in the area of the nasal valve (middle one third of the nose) because this can result in restricted air passage. Surgery is an art and it is approached differerently by each pratitioner. I would perform a component hump reduction with lateral osteotomies probably through a closed approach with alar wedge excisions.

Rhinoplasty for wide nose

+1

Heather,

The rhinoplasty procedure can help improve your nose. On profile, the hump needs to be reduced, while on the front view, the tip needs to be sculpted for a more refined look. this should be done with cartilage spairing techniques, instead of aggressive cartilage resection.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fix Wide Nose with Hump

+1

YES! but you should seek the opinions of 3 boarded surgeons in your area. I'm in agreement with Drs. Mayer, Schaffer, Wallach in the types of operation you need .

Yes - it can.

+1

You are a very good candidate for rhinoplasty because you have definable goals that can be corrected.  It is important to have a consultation with surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to discuss the procedure that would be done as not all rhinoplasties are the same.  If you meet with two different plastic surgeons, they may suggest very different ways to correct your concerns.  Good luck.

Daniel Sherick, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty can achieve the corrections you desire. Without seeing other views or examining you in person it is hard to say what is best for you. Just from the fronal view you may need a narrowing at the base of the nose as well.

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose and bump removal.

+1

Both the wide nose and bump can be corrected. You may need to have the nostrils slightly narrowed, but it is difficult to tell from the photo--may be too close. You have a short nose so you should see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to avoid having an upturned "pig" nose if the tip is over corrected.

Rhinoplasty for a wide nose and hump

+1

Yes, a rhinoplasty can address both of these issues in the same surgery.  The width of the nose can be narrowed and the dorsal hump can be removed.  It is important to find a board-certified surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD