Don't Like My DOwnturned Nose When I Smile? (photo)

I had my rhino a year ago, I don't like the results for my profile. The front is not too bad except when I smile my nostrils have an airplane loo and my tip points downwards. How doesbthisnget fixed with a revision? Thank you

Correcting nasal tip ptosis during smiling with rhinoplasty/revision rhinoplasty

+1

If you like the overall appearance of your nose in repose, then one possible way to correct the ptosis (droopiness) of your nasal tip during smiling is to release, or remove a portion of the depressor septi muscle.  This is a muscle in your upper lip/base of your nose that elevates your upper lip and depresses the tip of your nose.  This effect is more prominent in some individuals than others.  A possible downside of releasing this muscle is changing the position of your upper lip when you smile (less gum/teeth show).  Your surgeon could give you a Botox injection into this muscle to simulate the effect of a surgery to release this muscle.  

Don't Like My DOwnturned Nose When I Smile?

+1

Sorry to say the posted photo is of NO help. Best to seek IN PERSON evaluations from boarded rhinoplasty goes in your city. 

Revision rhinoplasty for the long nose.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty for the long nose can be done as well as removing a small piece of the muscle that pulls the tip down.

Yes you can have a revision rhinoplasty

+1

I think you should get your preop photos from your rhinoplasty and have a new set taken that match the background as closely as possible for comparison.  You can also have photos taken showing the areas of your nose that other you when you make certain motions.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS