Nose Feels Out of Proportion with Face - Options?

My nose/eye area has always bothered me. I realize I have hollow eyes but that doesn't bother me as much as my nose. I have a small dorsal hump and to me it seems like it's not long enough for my face. I've always felt like my face looks somewhat masculine-and I think it's my nose. I want a much more feminine face. Any suggestions for surgery?

Rhinoplasty candidate

Thank you for your inquiry!

Even subtle changes to the nose will impact the face as whole and so it seems that you could benefit from a rhinoplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. Asking for a more feminine look is realistic. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS