Nose is uneven and the tip is very round. What type of rhinoplasty would be best? (Photo)

I really do like my nose, however, the right side of my face is not that great. When I smile, my nose tip is very large, droops, and the right side of my nose does not have a solid good spinal area. And just in general, the more I look at my nose the larger it looks. I basically am looking to overall make my nose a little smaller.. I have a lot of cartilage at the tip of my nose make it pretty large compared to my rather small face.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+1
Dear Sabrinabena, You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery and I would suggest consulting with surgeons, reviewing before and after photographs of similar noses, and have computer imaging performed during consultation so that you may see the proposed surgical results. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Rhinoplasty candidate for round bulbous drooping tip and asymmetry

+1
 A closed rhinoplasty can accomplish your goals of narrowing the bulbous tip with a tip rhinoplasty which includes suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages. Raising the drooping tip can be accomplished with a tip rhinoplasty. To prevent the tip from drooping when smiling, releasing the depressor septi ligament is accomplished during the rhinoplasty procedure. Adjusting any asymmetries with cartilage grafting techniques can be accomplished as well. 

Dear Sabrina

+1
  • first of all, before you undergo major changes to your nose with a rhinoplasty, remind yourself that you wrote "I really do like my nose" 
  •  This may guide you as you choose what areas to adjust and  how much change is created in your rhinoplasty
  • Ideally, you can match the areas that you would like to change with the professional opinion of the surgeon.
  • the 3D imaging systems can be helpful in improving communication about your interests in a consult ion
Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the nose

+1
Dear SabrinaBena,

• From the picture, I think you have very nice features that would make your expectations very realistic
  • The drooping can be fixed with cartialge grafts, and overall the nose can be made smaller
  • See a rhinoplasty specialist whose before and after results you like
  • Rhinoplasty is a complex operation and requires a certain level of expertise and artistry for a natural look

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Nose is uneven and the tip is very round. What type of rhinoplasty would be best?

+1
With only one photo, it is difficult to say with certainty what specific rhinoplasty would be in your best interest.  However, from your description, you will probably be happiest with a rhinoplasty which addresses both your nasal tip and nasal dorsum.  Upon exam, a surgeon could then tell you whether a closed (no external scars) or open (small scar across the columella) rhinoplasty would serve you best.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with extensive rhinoplasty experience.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

+1
The areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with an artistically performed rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not
be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Large, Uneven Nasal Tip

+1
Your tip can be reduced using a closed nasal approach. This will provide you with a tip that is more proportional with your surrounding facial features. Select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

Rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your questions and photos and I agree with Dr Lee that you should go on consultations where they use digital imaging to help communicate desired results

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for removal of nasal hump and refinement of tip, etc.

+1
Rhinoplasty for removal of nasal hump and refinement of tip, etc. Drooping tip can be lifted as well. I will need to see more photographs of your nose to give you specifics as to what would be done. Your results should give you a much more attractive nose than what you currently have. See a very experienced surgeon for this problem.   

Rhinoplasty

+1
Refining the nose and nasal tip and addressing a drooping nasal tip are very common requests from patients.  Rhinoplasty surgery is custom tailored for each patient based on his/her individual needs and desires.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as a useful communication tool with your surgeon.  

Kimberly Lee, MD