Nose Tipplasty Final Resolution and Possibly No Need for Cortisone Injections?

It's now been nine months after my tip plasty, and though I have healed well enough and without discomfort, the tip now feels extremely soft (wheres before it felt a little harder). Am I to assume that this will the final scar resolution (as I was told it would take a full year to resolve completely) and I will not need any cortisone injections? Or do you think it would be helpful to get a kenalog shot? 

Post-op Nasal Cortisone Injections

+1

Cortisone injections are done to accelerate the post-op resolution of scar formation. If the naasal tip is soft, injections are not necessary. Be thankful you healed faster than most.

Steroid injections for nasal tip softening

+1

Normal healing after rhinoplasty may take up to a year, or even longer, and during this time the scar tissue tends to soften. Any intervention to correct or improve your nose should be discussed with your plastic surgeon first.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Tiplasty and cortisone injections.

+1

You do not need cortisone if the tip is soft. Discuss this with your surgeon and he will agree.

Use of Kenalog for softening scar tissue following nose job

+1

IF your tip feels extremely soft, I would avoid the use of kenalog injections unless your surgeon is advising this.