Nose Tip, Will It Turn Down After Few Months? (photo)

I had open rhinoplasty, my tip was narrowed, i have thin skin. The question is, will the tip of the nose get smaller and will it go up a little (i wish that soo much), or it will "fall" down after time? Thank you for help...

Nose tip, will it turn down after a few months?

+1

In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. Swelling may be influenced by the following: Whether the procedure was open or closed, whether the procedure was a revision, the thickness of the patient's skin, and whether or not tip work was performed.The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. The nose will continue to improve over time, and the tip is usually the last to come around. Your surgeon should be able to answer any post-operative questions you have, as they know the details of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

Early Results after Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. With rhinoplasty, patience is a virtue -- it's actually essential. Over time, the swelling will go down and cartilage may settle. But the final result isn't really know for at least 6 and sometimes up to 12 months.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Tip, Will It Turn Down After Few Months?

+1

If you are early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kenneth Hughes, MD

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Hello little fairy-

+1

Nasal tips typically get smaller with time, especially in first couple months, but the process continues for almost a year. So do any squeezing or massaging techniques that your surgeon recommends. Regarding your nasal tip, it might appear to raise a little with time or possibly also drop a little depending on many variable, but especially on how it was fixed to the septum during surgery. 

Your 7day postop nose looks good in this one photo. The main thing that I would like to see change with time is the thickness and drooping of your columella. this frequently occurs with open techniques as the scar is thick, but with time and massage, it shold dramatically improve. If it doesn't, it may well be due to cartilages (medial crura in this area)   getting bowed. This would need to be corrected surgically. 

Enjoy the fruits of your surgeon's labor and give it time!