Nose Tip is Not Symmetrical After Tip Rhinoplasty

I had rhinoplasty in Dec to rotate the tip up and to even out a pointy nose. Now 8 month later there is still a hump on the lower right tip that makes my nose look very unbalanced. I cannot see my surgeon since I now live almost 5000 miles away. I am very embarrassed by this and want it fixed. I am hoping it is only scar tissue. Would steroid shots be a good idea? I am terrified of revisionAny advice would be great and a good doctor suggestion to help if I need surgery would be great. Thank you

Your tip asymmetry may be improved by a well-performed Injectable Filler treatment.

+2

I read your concern and reviewed the frontal photo you posted. I see right tip fullness as compared to your left. Since your surgeon is not geographically desireable, you should consult an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon. 8 months after your surgery, an examination would reveal if the fullness is swelling or excessive cartilage.

If the asymmetry is due to excess right tip cartilage, a well performed Injectable Filler treatment may restore volume to your left tip and lead to a more pleasing appearance. If you want to reduce the fullness of your right tip, a Revision Rhinoplasty surgery may be necessary.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric tip

+1
From the photo, it looks like the lower lateral cartilage on the right was not taken down as much as the left, leading to the asymmetry.  I do not believe steroid injections would help, plus they can lead to skin atrophy and skin changes that are irreversible.  A simple correction to take down the lower lateral cartilage would be my recommendation.  

Web reference: http://www.thomassenplasticsurgery.com

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Nasal Tip

+1

Wait until all the swelling has resolved - the tip will be soft. DO NOT INJECT STEROIDS! See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. In the interim, don't be embarrassed; some degree of asymmetry is normal. Look at every part of your body from head to toe - nothing is symmetrical.

Tip asymmetry after rhinoplasty.

+1

You need to wait 3 months more and if the nose is still the same or more deviated, you need to see an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. Steroid injections can make it worse, so don't do that.