Nose Tip Swelling After Revision Rhinoplasty?

Hi, I had a revision just over 2 yrs ago. My question is, is swelling at this stage possible? the surgeon said it was one of the most difficult/trickiest revisions he had done mainly because i only wanted small changes. The revision was done via the closed procedure and the tip is still hard when pressed not much movement in it atall. The nasal bones were thinned and the tip was rotated downwards as it had pushed up. I have intermittent swelling daily which leads me to believe its still swollen.

+1

Although unlikely after 2 years, if you believe that there is swelling that fluctuates then there may be additional resolution of swelling.

Nose tip swelling after revision rhinoplasty

+1

In general, the swelling is resolved after 2 years. Swelling can be influenced by the following:

1) Whether the procedure was a revision
2) Whether the procedure was open or closed
3) Thickness of the patient's skin
4) Whether or not tip work was performed 

There could be a number of factors that influence swelling at this stage. Alcohol consumption and allergies are both possibilities. I would recommend following up with your surgeon and see what he or she advises, as he or she knows the details of your surgery. Lack of movement may be due to support from cartilage grafts. It is difficult to provide you with any specific advice without knowing more about your surgery or performing an exam. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon