Building a Nose Tip Without Surgery?

I'm African American and I've had a Rhinoplasty. I choose not to get a nose implant. I have to get Radiesse filler in the bridge to build it up, but it causes my profile to look long and flat. Can Radiesse build a tip or is there any other none surgical way to build the tip of the nose?

Nasal tip filler

+1

There are not many good long term options for defining the nasal tip, especially in patients with thick skin, such as African-Americans. Radiesse may temporarily give a reasonable contour but this is subject to movement and degradation over time. A revision surgery requiring likely a cartilage graft from you nose or ear, will likely give you the best long-lasting contour.

I suggest seeing a specialist in your area who performs revision rhinoplasties, such as Dr. Gunter.

Dr. Bruno

Non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Many surgeons are using fillers as a temporary way to enhance the appearance of the nose.

There really is no way for a filler to duplicate what can be done with surgery. In fact, even the best use of fillers can't match what can be done with surgery.

Overall, you will spend more money and time using fillers than if you were to undergo a full rhinoplasty. Also, your result using fillers will always be inferior.

Building an African-American nose tip without surgery

+1

Dear Shayma,

African-American noses and Mexican (IE Mestizo) noses have several characteristics which make rhinoplasty surgery, and especially nasal tip surgery very challenging:
- the tip is low (close to the plane of the face) - to raise it FREQUENTLY a graft needs to be put in.
- The tip skin is VERY thick, this makes tip cartilage modifications hard to see since the overlying skin does NOT re-drape properly over the smaller tip. For this reason, we often need to resort to a tip cartilage shield graft.
- The nasal opening, nares, are often wide and flaring. To narrow them, a simple permanent stitch does not usually work and simple wedges need to be excised from the side walls.
- The top of the nose, the dorsum, is always flat and lower requiring augmentation. An onlay cartilage graft is often used although others have placed a variety of fillers in this space. We STILL do not know the long term effects and behavior of such fillers and how they will behave years after their placement.

In MY opinion, Radiesse, which contains hydroxyapatite, a derivative of ground sea coral, will NOT lift or refine your tip. While it works well when placed deep against bone, hydroxyapatite does not belong on the nasal cartilage of the tip. I do not know of any reliable non-surgical way to refine and lift an African-American nasal tip.

I hope this was helpful.

Surgery is the best way to do this.

+1

Radiesse will not give you the tip projection you are looking for. Make sure you are evaluated for surgery by an experienced  rhinoplasty expert who does a large number of African American noses. You want someone who refines the nose without trying to change the ethnicity as well.