Do I Need to Have my Nose Tip Projected More, or Possibly my Bridge Enhanced?

I'm asian and my nose tip is kinda underprojected, i.e. more upturned. As a guy wouldn't it be more masculine if it were to be projected more and hence create a smaller angle with the mouth? Also, I feel that my nose bridge looks slightly low, especially from a frontal profile as attached. Do I need a slight elevation there?

Features of a masculine Asian nose

+2

Has your nose been previously operated?  More than your nose, a chin augmentation will help you to achieve a more "masculine" look.  The changes you mention to your nose will also certainly have that effect, but without a chin to match will look out of balance.  

Nasal lengthening and bridge augmentation asian rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose will look more masculine by lengthening the nose and raising the bridge, as you mentioned. I highly recommend using your own cartilage from the ear and inside the nose to do this. Avoid silicone or other implants.

The other factor to masculinize the face is to build out your chin. You can probably do well with a chin implant, but if you want to stick with all natural tissue, then slide the chin bone forward (sliding genioplasty) to balance out your profile.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS

Improving projection and bridge in Asian nose

+1

There are rhinoplasty approaches that can attain improved tip projection and a stronger bridge. Both would serve to give a more masculine appearance.

I prefer using your own cartilage to achieve these effects.

As some of the others mentioned, chin augmentation could also be considered as well. This could be done either separately or combines with nasal surgery.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Asian rhinoplasty and tip projection

+1

It is very difficult to give tip projection to a short Asian nose.  A consequence of trying to give more tip projection in an Asian nose is upward rotation, which looks unnatural.  The best option for Asian noses is to perform dorsal augmentation to build up the bridge with either the patient’s own cartilage or small to medium sized silastic implants.  This elevates the nasal dorsum.  

Augmentation Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant For Facial Masculinization

+1

In masculinizing your face, you need to look at both the nose and the chin. Elevation of the nasal bridge with less tip rotation (turning tip more downward) will create a less feminine-appearing nose. To really get that look you will likely require a rib graft rhinoplasty to efffectively and safely (long-term) create that result. A chin augmentation will also help with the nose to create less of a convex facial profile. Together you will have two more defined facial prominences which are important in creating a stronger facial appearance.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Goal is Masculine Nose

+1

Augmenting your bridge and placing a tip graft to increase projection and defnition would make your nose look more masculine. A chin implant will improve facial proportions.

Weak chin is the issue not a Rhinoplasty

+1

From your photo, your chin is quite weak making the upper face appear larger than the lower face. Before doing anything to your nose you might consider a Chin Implant to balance out the facial profile and lower face.

Rhinoplasty

+1

While the photos are helpful, a full exam in person is key.  But just from looking at your photos, your nose looks pretty good.

Masculinizing the short, upturned nose.

+1
Lengthening your nose and an upper bridge gray along with increasing your tip projection will make your nose look more masculine. This is an advanced rhinoplasty procedure so pick an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.