Nose Tip Too Narrow and Uneven and Bone Bump Grew Back. What Can I Do?

Over 10 years ago i go my bump filed down from bridge of nose. I woke up and the dr mentioned he narrowed the tip and put plastic things I'n tip for definition. I never asked for this and loved the tip of my nose before. I tried for many years to live with it but the truth is, it bothers me everyday. My nose looks long and narrow and the bump somehow grew back.I most annoying part is that my nose runs constantly! So embarrassing. What can I do to fix this?

Revision rhinoplasty for nasal tip and bump 10 years after

+1

It is important to have a formal consultation for revision rhinoplasty, which can address the tip, bridge, and nasal bones. We do not recommend putting any plastic implant in the tip for definition purposes.  Further adjustments to make the nose look less long and narrow can be performed.  Any bump that has regrown can be filed down during the revision rhinoplasty surgery.  The constant runny nose is another functional issue that needs to be addressed after physical examination of the internal component of the nose.  Medications and surgery can help with the constant runny nose but only after a complete comprehensive physical examination.

Revision rhinoplasty for narrow nose tip and bump

+1

Revision rhinoplasty to reverse the cartilage narrowing and rebuilding the framework is commonly performed. Just be certain that your surgeon has extensive experience and expertise in nasal revision.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

You need to be evaluated by an experienced plastic surgeon.  You may have had an implant placed and certainly tha could b eone cause of persistent drainage from your nose.

+1

Sounds like you should have a few consultations with experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeons that possess the proper aesthetic judgment to make your nose naturally more attractive.  

Nose Narrow and Uneven 10 years after Rhinoplasty

+1

After patiently accepting a result that you don't like for 10 years after surgery, I strongly recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist to improve the appearance of your nose. It sounds like you had an implant placed during your previous rhinoplasty, which may be causing your constant nasal drainage either because of a persistent low grade infection or exposure of the plastic inside your nose.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

This type of post-rhinoplasty problem can often be fairly successfully dealt with using open approach techniques to evaluate what was done previously, and alter it. It sounds like standard spreader grafts might help. However you would want to be careful to choose a surgeon with a lot of experience in revision rhinoplasty.

Douglas J. Kibblewhite, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon