Nose Tip Loose After Rhinoplasty?

I had a primary rhinoplasty 2 months ago and I'm pleased with the result but it appears as if I touch the bottom of my nose , right where the upper lip meets the nose, it feels loose, it feels as if there is room to move upwards if i gently lift it and I am afraid that the nose tip was not securly attached via stitching? Is this normal?....

Appearance vs. Feeling

+1

A little change in the feeling of your nose after rhinoplasty is very normal and should not be cause for concern.  Most likely, some changes in the septum or the height (projection) of your nose have left a small amount of laxity in the area known as the columella.  This will normally firm up after several months, but even if it doesn't, it is not a problem as long as you are pleased with the appearance and you can breathe normally.

As always, with fresh rhinoplasty, you should address these concerns with your surgeon who can examine you and give you a more detailed explanation of what was done.

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Tip Of The Nose Can Feel Different For Some Time After Rhinoplasty

+1

Where you are feeling on your nose is where the part of the lower alar cartilages splay apart, known as the medial footplates. Immediately behind those footplates is the end of the nasal septum. Part of many rhinoplasty procedures is the removal of a piece of the end of the nasal septum. This removal makes a space which will eventually fill in with scar tissue. But this early after your surgery, this area can be easily pushed in as it is not healed. This is normal and does not mean that the nasal tip is loose.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Loose Nasal Tip after Rhinoplasty

+1

First, stop manipulating your nose. Second, as long as the nose looks good, don't be concerned. Third, feel the nose of a friend or family member - this is present in some people who did not have nasal surgery. Discuss this with your surgeon.

Loose Columellar-Lip Junction After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi AS,

Best to discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Nothing to worry about as long as your nose looks good.  If you do not like it's appearance, then correction can be considered.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Loose columella 2 months after rhinoplasty.

+1

What you described is the result of resection of the lower most part of the nasal septum.

It may improve with time or end up with "hanging columella".be patient and time will tell,

Erel Laufer, MD

Nose Skin Cahnges After Rhinoplasty

+1

At two months after any rhinoplasty surgery your skin is still contracting and changing to the new underlying framework.  This takes time and the skin will continue to shrink down to its new environment.  Patience is required with any rhinoplasty and if you are concerned, meet with your doctor to discuss your progression.  Physicians say it takes a full year before your nose has reached its final shape after nasal surgery because it does.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Eraly post operative period

+1

Please don't touch, manipulate and play around with tour nose. That is even more important soon after rhinoplasty. Manipulating nasal structure would lead to eventual loosening of soft tissues and musculature of the nose and leads to early ptosis i.e. droopiness. So, recommend, leaving your nose alone at least for 6-9 months.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and the Nasal Tip

+1

It may be that the lower part of the nasal septum was changed during surgery so that it is less prominent in the area you are pushing.  However, it is very early, and at 2 months, it is best to check this carefully with the surgeon who performed the rhinoplasty.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon