Nose Tip is Like a Ball with Its Center Red After 4 Weeks. Will the Redness Go Away? If So, When? (photo)

My surgeon rebuilt just my tip of nose using ear cartilage 4 weeks ago. Two concerns: 1. The center of the nose tip is red. My doctor says it is healing process to reconnect to the tissue and no sun. 2. It looks like a ball on the tip, tilting a little on the right side. I wanted profound and sharp. It is because of the swollen. Usually, how much swollen remains about this time? In addition, will it be balanced over time? Is it possible to have the tip is sharper (my skin is thick)?

The Ball

Immediate follow-up with your surgeon is important any time that you have questions about your specific surgery (especially regarding erythema).

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

9834 Genesee Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037

Redness after rhinoplasty

The redness in the tip is a bit worrisome and may indicate problems with the graft or the suture material used to place it. Best to see your surgeon right away.

8901 West Golf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60016

Redness after tip Rhinoplasty

I would suggest seeing your surgeon immediately. While you are early in your healing process things do not seem to be coming along as planned and you may have a complication that needs to be dealt with. This may be a suture reaction, especially if a permanent suture was used to fasten the graft. You need to be seen by your surgeon asap! Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

360 San Miguel Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Nasal Tip Skin after Placement of Cartilage Grafts

As I said in another question you asked the redness may be secondary to pressure from the underlying cartilage graft. if this is pressure from the graft it may compromise the slin circulation and cause future proms. Consult with your surgeon.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Tip deformity after rhinoplasty

The redness should resolve after a few weeks; the contour needs a good three-six months before the final results are seen.  Warm compresses may help by increasing blood supply.

You may need a revision, but it is important to wait 6-12 months for scar tissue to mature.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

1208 East Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33602