Rhinoplasty for Exposed Inner Nose?

I am 18 years old and my nose tip stoops downward, leaving the inner part of my nose a little exposed. Can it be pushed inside through Rhinoplasty? If so, what are the risks involved? How much will it cost?

Excessive Columellar Show

+1

Excessive columellar show can be corrected by a variety of maneuvers depending on the cause.  Seek advice from an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Columellar show

+1

If the inner portion of the nose is exposed, this is called columellar show. This can be addressed through a rhinoplasty by trimming the columella and the anterior septal angle. Usually this is done in conjunction with a rhinoplasty. Occasionally this can be done as an isolated procedure with minimal risk and usually can be done under a local anesthesia. The cost associated with this surgery is usually approximately $2500.

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to tell you what is protruding that you don't like without examining you. Certainly the complaints you have can be improved by rhinoplasty. Fees vary around the country.  In NYC the fee can vary from about $5000-$15000 depending upon the surgeon that treats your nose. 

Yes, you should see a rhinoplasty specialist

+1

It can be fixed and you may want to discuss other concerns such as narrowing the tip, removing a bump, etc. Of course, just the exposed part can be removed. You should see an expert and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Rhinoplasty for the "Hanging Columella"

+1

Hi Cool Guy,

From your description it sounds as if your columella (the center divider at the bottom of your nose) is the main problem that is troubling you. A rhinoplasty surgeon can correct the "hanging" columella. The risks should be very minimal, and the costs vary from surgeon to surgeon.

Choose your surgeon carefully, and keep the cost low on the list of why you chose your doctor. It is a lot more expensive to fix a nose that was improperly operated upon in the first place.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD