Does a Nose Tip Elongate Years After Rhinoplasty?

I'm turning 20 now. I had a bad nosejob when I was 18 - my nose was upturned (the tip was fat, elevated and pointing upwards). 7 months later I had another surgery - now my nose is pretty straight/narrow. However, it's a bit short - the tip is not refined (I wish it's more down - only when I smile it goes down). My nostrils flare a bit and I look weird. Now I'm 8 months post-op. My natural nose was a long, hooked one (my tip reached my lips almost). Anatomically, will my tip go down by age?

+2

Yes, your tip is likely to droop with age and also during the first year or two after the rhinoplasty, depending what technique was used to hold it upturned.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Nose Tip Elongate Years after Rhinoplasty?

+2

Your nose will probably change over the next 6-8 months; it takes 12-18 months after a revision rhinoplasty to see the final result.  Your tip will fall and your nose will elongate over the next 50+ years as part of the normal aging process.

+2

What you're talking about is tip rotation and specifically the tip rotating downward which can happen with age and even after a Rhinoplasty.

Noses do change with aging

+2

The nose may elongate slightly with aging, and the skin may thicken. The age may be into your 80's so you have quite a time to wait. Your rhinoplasty revision will be stable for decades, so relax and enjoy the result.

Post rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty

+2

Since you are only eigth months post operative from a revision rhinoplasty and fifteen months  post from your original surgery you still have swelling and settling of the nose that will occur in the next four to six months. It takes a full year for the nose swelling to go down and the tip is always the last area to dissipate. When patients come into my office from other surgeons requesting a revision rhinoplasty I always insist that they wait a full year before I will perform any revision due to the swelling. Give this some time and evaluate things in another six months. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Tip droop after rhinoplasty

+1

The angle of the tip tends to stabilize by 6 months after rhinoplasty and typically will not go through the age-related droop you are referring to because of the adhesion of the cartilages

Sam Naficy, MD