Nose Tip Looks Bulbous and Uneven After Revision Rhinoplasty

I am 7 days post op today, but I am quickly getting discouraged about my VERY thought-out decision for a revision rhinoplasty. My tip doesn't look like what I anticipated. My nose was longer and now looks short and round. I know swelling may take months to subside, but I am terrified that the actual shape of my new nose will be this one. Will the tip thin out and sort of "drop" into place? I am so sad.

Healing after rhinoplasty

+3

I would also agree that you need to remain patient.  Seven days is way too early to get an idea of the final shape.  And quite honestly, the tip will hold more swelling than the bridge.  You should begin to feel better about the progress at one month post op, should really be pleased with the shape by three, and anticipate the final product as late as 12 months post surgery.   Keep communicating with your surgeon, but don't worry about things at this stage!  They will improve.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

7 days post-op

+1

it is very unlikely for a revision rhinoplasty result to look perfect at 7 days - hopefully with each passing week you will see more positive changes

Sam Naficy, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty - Swollen Tip

+1

Hopefully you can be reassured that your feelings and concerns are normal. You've already had one surgery and there is probably  heightened concern about things turning out the way you hoped for. Your 'worry level' is dialed up several notches. This is the time where you simply need,as best as possible, to get on with your life and let mother nature take care of the swelling. Make sure your surgeon understands your concerns and work with him/her to make sure you are followed up for assessing improvement over time. Most likely everything will settle down into place with time. At this point you just can't make any long term predictions about appearance. Since it seems like you chose your surgeon carefully you will probably have a nice improvement when swelling resolves. Best of Luck

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Bulbous and Uneven Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Its certainly a little early to make any predictions. Give yourself at least 3 months. Your surgeon may decide to give you a kenelog injection at some point to help with the swelling.

Hang in there..

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS