How to Correct a Slightly Assymetric Nose?

I probably have the smallest correction possible on my nose. It is off-center at the end, as be seen on the photos. What is the best way to correct or straighten this slight asymmetry? Will it require a permanent suture on the nose tip?

Nasal Asymmetry

+1

Nothing on your face is perfectly symmetrical.  The appearance can be improved by reducing  an area of fullness or augmenting an adjacent  depressed area. The results of intervention will never be perfect.  

If being off center is only concern rhinoplasty surgery may not deliver.

+1

The concern you have is subtle and in complex procedures such as rhinoplasty there is no easy way to effect a subtle change.  Unless you are interested in reshaping the tip as well as correcting the assymetry there is no way to know that your objectives will be met by the surgery.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need better photo to see nose asymmetry

+1

In order to fully evaluate the nose, photographs must include a close up full face, base view of the nostrils, and a side view. Although we preform very complex primary cases here and many referred repair cases, I usually don't recommend patients go after small asymmetries, for very good reasons! Additionally, no human is perfectly symmetric. No one. However, if an asymmetry is bad enough, it might justify an operation. Post a full face photo and I will take another look.

Phillip Langsdon, MD
Germantown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty; Subtle Correction of a Slightly Asymmetric Nose

+1

Hi MB,

It appears that the right middle 1/3 of your nose is narrower than the left, giving the appearance of a crooked lower nose toward your left side. The corner of your right nostril appears slightly higher than the left, when you pull in the second picture it evens out.

You would likely benefit from a right spreader graft in the mid 1/3 of your nasal dorsum. After placement of the spreader cartilage graft (obtained from your nasal septum), then the tip cartilages would need to be re-evaluated. If still asymmetric, then it would be time for a little tip work, maestro.

In your case, the “non-surgical nose job” is an option as you have demonstrated in the lower photograph. Your left index finger is going to get very fatigued if you choose this option.

Do choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD